Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Simoc Simoc is offline

Default Potentiometer of Technics 323 tuner amplifier

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:

Sorry, but there's too many top-posting nazis around usenet. Just to be
clear, this is a generic statement and not directed at you personally.

Nazis

If you research the subject there are uses for top-posting, bottom posting,
and middle-posting, replying in the middle of the OP's message to each
question raised.

I consider bottom-posting and middle-posting to be ok, and also posting
without any quote if the reply is for the OP's first message and there
is no need to point out any certain part of that message. Actually,
this is the case some people think that the top-posting is the correct
way. But I just can't see a point there to include unnecessary quote
after the reply, since you still have to scroll all the way down to be
sure there isn't more text after the quote.

I usually bottom post, but I refuse to be preached at on the subject by
people who have no tolerance for such a small thing.

Btw, I'm sorry too, and I don't wanna flame you personally either. I
also understand, that many would like to regard top-posting as "such a
small thing". But because of experience, I have to disagree, since I've
seen too many threads in which you can see many replies consisting 90%
of quotes, and some messages top-posted so that you have to really look
for the quote to which is the reply...don't wanna read that anymore..

Back on the subject of your vcr however

Thanks for your instructions. Btw, this vcr in question was a tossed
one which I picked up. I noticed, that there weren't proper audio
either. I partially re-read the repairfaq, and I adjusted the A/C head
with its instructions, too. I got good audio. Also a sync problem of
some degree, that it seemed to have, seemed to disappear. Then I
adjusted the tape height.

Now the picture seems to be a lot better, but it has some horizontal
steady vibration, mostly on the bottom edge. What might be the cause? I
also noticed that the pinch roller is bad (I'll order a new one).

There is also one more confusing problem: When I turn it to pause, it
doesn't show the still picture. Instead, it shows a black screen with
some white horizontal lines flashing on random locations. And, when I
stop it and even eject the casette, it shows the same black screen
white white lines, also. When I turn the vcr to standby, then it shows
the proper snow screen (since connected via antenna cable). What might
be wrong?

Thanks again, and thanks in advance.

--
Top-posting not supported.