Posted to alt.home.repair
Jack Jack is offline

Default Repost: Raising main trunk

Nothing blocking it. No pipes above it. There are flexible branches that
are up in the joist space. It is a straight-shot for about 25 feet.
..
Edwin, I don't understand what you mean when you write 'shorten the duct on
one end, lengthen the other end'
..
Thank you for your time.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news

"Jack" wrote in message
Can this be done?

Yes

Any idea on cost (I know this is an unfair question). I
am guessing I need some sort of transition boot where the duct would get
cut.

Can't answer without seeing it. Aside from the obvious shorten the duct
on one end, lengthen the other end, there may be other factors. Anything
blocking it? Pipes run over top of it?Is it rectangle or round? Any
branches along the section to be raised?