Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default Locked out scenario

On 24 Nov 2006 15:48:25 -0800, "Anthona" wrote:

I was visiting my niece for thanksgiving day and today ( friday ) a
woman across the street had locked herself out of her home. She came
across to us to ask for help. She had no backup key around the area,
her son was working for the day, and obviously could not get into her
home. We suggested that she call a locksmith, but for some reason she
hesitated..probably the cost..I told her she should have a secret spot
for a backkup key in the event like this would happen. All windows were
shut, garage door remote she had, but there is no access to the house
through the garage. Has anyone faced this problem and somehow managed
to get into your home without the benefit of calling a locksmith? She
finally had to call her son and he worked about 30 miles from home and
came back to solve the situation. But what if a locksmith was not
available for one reason or another..holiday or just closed.

First. verify that it's really her house.

Then break a basement window.