Posted to rec.woodworking
Gerald Ross Gerald Ross is offline

Default Convert model w/snake, to non-snake?

J. Clarke wrote:
On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 20:01:02 -0800, karlt10 wrote:

Hello

I have a (Dremel-manufactured) Craftsman variable rotary tool, model
#572-251471. It has the snake already attached and it is somewhat
annoying. I would like to install the collar & collet to make it a
non-snake model and cannot seem to find the non-snake equivalent to
order the parts. I can't believe that they produced the body & motor
on mine to only use it on a snake-model.

I have gone through countless diagrams on Sears Parts website and have
no way of knowing from the crude diagrams if any of the non-whip pieces
are the correct size for mine.

Does anyone know which collar and collet I may be able to use on mine
to convert to non-snake use? This is a Made in USA model and I REALLY
do not want to be forced to replace it with some piece of crap from
China.

If it's so old that the standard collar and collet that you'll find ad
Home Depot don't work then it's probably pretty crappy anyway.

Incidentally, Dremel is owned by Bosch and their tools are not made in
China.

Absolutely! My two older ones were made in Racine, Wisconsin. My
newest one was made in Mexico.

Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

All my life I wanted to be someone. I