Posted to alt.home.repair
Terry Terry is offline

Default getting rid of rats

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 01:32:59 -0500, wrote:

This is a juvenile rattus rattus I caught the other day.
This is a roof rat, tree rat, fruit rat or "palmetto squirrel" for the
chamber of commerce folks. They get about 50% bigger full grown.
Our readers should note the identifying long tail. The mesh is 1/2"
hardware screen and these guys can eat a hole through it (I have a
patch in this trap). Peanut butter with dog food in it did the trick
on this one. He now sleeps with the fishes. "Cute" didn't save his
ass.

http://members.aol.com/gfretwell/rattusrattus.jpg

We have mice. I haven't been able to get rid of them.

Here is a picture of why.

http://i7.tinypic.com/2ex6kah.jpg