Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias Mark D. Zacharias is offline

Default Potentiometer of Technics 323 tuner amplifier

Simoc wrote:
Mark D. Zacharias wrote:

And while you're at it, lose the "top-posting" nonsense. No one
elected you sheriff of this one-horse town.

Nor you. Top-posting is not supported by netiquette, and has never
been.

If you don't have anything to say for the subject in question, don't
whine about a signature. Get a life. I'm not a sheriff, I'm a
voluntary worker. If I find you driving wrong side of road, I might
complain, even if I'm not a sheriff.

Sorry, but there's too many top-posting nazis around usenet. Just to be
clear, this is a generic statement and not directed at you personally.

If you research the subject there are uses for top-posting, bottom posting,
and middle-posting, replying in the middle of the OP's message to each
question raised.

I usually bottom post, but I refuse to be preached at on the subject by
people who have no tolerance for such a small thing.

Back on the subject of your vcr however, yes, the white rollers with the
metal slotted chrome at the top are the adjustments. To start with, adjust
the height of the roller so that the tape is not curling along the lower
cylinder while playing. From that point try to center the adjustment for the
least jitter, rolling, or snow. When you are nearing the correct adjustment,
the number of bars will decrease then at some point the entire picture will
appear. When this happens there will be a small range of adjustment which
will show some snow or jitter on either side - try to center this area for
each roller.

Set screws almost always go at 90 degrees to the post. If the screw points
down, or has red paint on it, leave it alone.

Mark Z.