Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Wood preservative

51 wrote:
Builders are about to start building a block shed
in my back yard. I bought a cheap door frame
kit from B nQ. So how best to treat it for protection
from the elements?

Thanks.

Arthur

Cuprinol wood preserver, they do a range so get one that suits your pocket,
I use the all purpose because it protects against dry rot too, although this
is not required in a shed.
If it's already cut to size etc and you don't need to saw into it for
anything, stand each length in a bucket with about an inch or two of
preserver in it, this will be sucked up into the end grain, while it's in
there you can apply it to half it's length, then turn it over and do the
same with the opposite end, it only needs a minute or two to soak right up
into the grain, this is where most rot starts