Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ralph E Lindberg Ralph E Lindberg is offline

Default Robust Tools Lathes

In article . com,
"woods" wrote:

There are some nice lathes at www.turnrobust.com that are on the level
of Oneway lathes. They offer 18x28 and 25x28 models and have some nice
features like stainless bed ways, big sealed bearings, a sliding
headstock, and a seven year warranty, plus they are made in the USA.
As an option, Robust features a Tilt Away which attaches to the end of
lathe and lets you slide the tailstock onto it and rotate it out of the
way. It is what I categorize as a high end lathe in the 5K price range
and certainly worth looking at.

Are there any owner's opinions out there?

I've talked with a couple, they were -impressed-, See
http://woodcentral.com/newforum/turning.shtml for a review posted today

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv