Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Can I just use primer, with no paint?

In article , "Joseph Meehan" wrote:
albee wrote:
Odd question, I'm sure, but after priming our bathroom walls and
ceiling, including the ceiling inside the shower, we painted the walls
a darker color, but were going to paint the ceiling white. Since the
primer was white, is there a problem with just leaving it as is, or
does the paint provide something that the primer doesn't. I'm guessing
that the latex provides some water resistance, but just guessing.
Thanks.

I believe you will want to use a paint. That said, the ceiling is one
surface that you might be able to get away with it.

Not in a bathroom.

Your problem is likely
to be exactly what you point out. Moisture could become a problem.

You stopped too short: moisture *will* become a problem.

--
Regards,