Mark S.

Default After fitting a bottom entry cistern valve - i have a drip - Help!

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 15:24:30 +0100, Chris wrote:

I've had to replace the bottom entry filler system on my WC and i have a
very slight drip which is coming from where the copper nut fixes onto
the threaded plastic inlet pipe.

I'm replacing like for like and i've attempted this job as its my first
plumbing experience and thought it would be pretty straight forward.

Should there be a washer on the copper nut thing that i tighten up to
the plastic pipe or not? - I didn't look to see if there was one before
so without taking it back off i don't know.

I would say that the connection is as tight as i dare tighten it as not
to damage anything. maybe i just need to tighten further?

If thats not the case would plumbing tape do the job if i wrap that over
the threads of the plastic pipe maybe?

Please be gentle with me, its my first plumbing job!

Had a similar problem with mine, took it off and put some ptfe tape on
the threads of the inlet assembly and it's been drip free since.

Mark S.