Posted to rec.woodworking
George George is offline

Default Electric spokeshave or finger planer

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,
I there such a device as an electric spokeshave?? or
(as someone suggested) a "Finger Planer".

I wish to remove wood in confined spaces.
There is no room to operate a manual spokeshave.
A sander is also too big.

I have visions of a device construced of a cutting rotor (as
in a conventional electric planer) inside a pipe which
has a slit on it to allow the blades to get at the wood.

I have tralled the internet to no avail.

Any suggestions.

There are finger planes and shaves built for carvers and Luthiers which even
have long handles. Perhaps what you're looking for would be served by a
scorp?