Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero Cicero is offline

Default Stair Runner

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 02:30:34 -0800, Thomarse wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get some carpet edged to make a cheap
stair runner.. I have had a ridiculous quote from a carpet shop of £700
for a runner to go up my stairs and along the landing.

I was thinking along the lines of buying an end of roll quality carpet and
cutting it to required width and then somehow getting it edged?

has anyone had any expereince of stair runners, what is the cheapest
option?

Thanks in advance

Tom

Cut carpet to suit and then buy a sailmaker's needle and thread and do the
edge in blanket stitch. It may take some time but it won't cost £700-00.

Google / IMAGES for some ideas.

Cic.

--
Testing UBUNTU Linux