Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default whole house cartridge water filtration systems

I have a problem with the low price, the amount of water it claims to
process per batch of filters, especially the 1 micron filter which
will/could plug up quickly. I am using 4.5" x 20" filter set, in the
detailed specifications they do not claim to process that much water before
they are spent. The price is way too low.

"Erik 2.0" wrote in message
ups.com...
I was considering purchasing this product:

http://shopping.netledger.com/s.nl/c...t.A/id.1269/.f

It claims to be a 7 stage filter (kdf, ion exchange resin, carbon,
etc.).

Our house has "slightly under the allowable levels" of lead. For my
comfort level, I would like to reduce it further, but I don't want to
pay a ton of money for a professional quality system.

Does anyone have any experience with this company?

Do cartridge filters like this reduce lead? Even a 50% reduction would
be enough for me.

Does the price seem too low to be realistic or useful?

- Erik