Posted to rec.woodworking
bf bf is offline

Default anyone know of anyone that's actually used a Steel City Toolworks bandsaw?

Chris Friesen wrote:
I'm trying to decide what to buy next...bandsaw or jointer. I was
planning on a jointer, but then Steel City came out with their fall
discounts.

Their 18" bandsaw looks really solid on paper (cast iron wheels
adjustable to be coplanar, cast iron trunnions, foot brake), but I can't
seem to find any hands-on reviews of them.

Anyone here actually seen/used one in person, or know anyone who has?

Chris

Ok, I saw one of these in the store this past weekend.. Didn't get a
chance to fondle it, but
it looks like a nice machine. The fence seems a lot better than my
Rikon. It has roller bearing blade guides, and a foot brake.

I know that's not a whole lot of information, but it looks quite
impressive.