Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jason Jason is offline

Default 100kWhs of phone charger power

"tim(yet another new home)" wrote in message

"Jonathan Schneider" wrote in message
"Weatherlawyer" writes:

Chargers do get warm if left plugged in but I find it hard to believe
this would amount to a tenth of a kilowatt in a day.

5W. Certainly modern chargers are quite cool so I agree with you.

so 24 hours times 5 is (approx) 100W

methinks someone misunderstood the the units.

Multiply that by 365 days (0.1kWh x 365) = 36.5kWh

If you have three or more chargers in the house (two mobile phones and a
couple of DECT handsets) and you are looking at well over 100kWh

That is per *year* though, and that is where the leaflet gets things mixed
up. Swap *day* for *year* and it makes perfect sense.

-- JJ