Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.engineering.electrical
hob hob is offline

Default Convert cold fill washing machine to hot and cold fill

I noticed most of the replies were from Britain - so a question about these
cold water machines... (We tend to "Warm wash" here)

So what do asthmatics in Britain/Europe do when (per doctor's instructions)
they have to wash their bedding in hot water to kill the house mites that
aggravate asthma? Are there machines available on prescription, or bedding
services for them?

Do you add 3x-4x more chlorine and oxide bleach, since they are much less
chemically active in cold water?

Is all cold water softened in Britain, or do you always add some borax or
other softener, or do you just throw clothes away when the fibers have built
up with soap residue after a couple years?

What do you do about diapers ("nappies")?
(Cold water washing diapers in high efficiency machines here is a sure
road to e-coli, in those and subsequent loads, and soap residue is a leading
source of diaper rash here.)

Just curious.

wrote in message
ups.com...
The current rage for cold fill only machines is all very well for bio
powders and combi boilers, but some of us want a machine that has a hot
fill. And before it is suggested that a machine never gets to draw hot
water, that is not the case with my current machine which invariably
fills up with hot water.
Hence is it possible to convert a cold fill to a h & c fill machine???
Has anyone done it??

TVMIA