Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.engineering.electrical
Tony Bryer Tony Bryer is offline

Default Convert cold fill washing machine to hot and cold fill

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:04:16 -0000 Hlah wrote :
I would have thought with the increasing popularity of solar water
heating there would be an increased demand for such machines not
less.

The problem, IIRC, is that modern machines use a lot less water than
older ones, and given the reaction time of thermostats there is
reckoned to be a risk of dumping very hot water on clothes which need
to be washed on a cool setting. I don't know about anyone else, but I
never use a hotter wash than 50C.

But no doubt cost saving comes into it too.