Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.engineering.electrical
HLAH HLAH is offline

Default Convert cold fill washing machine to hot and cold fill

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 01:06:54 -0800, Martin Pentreath wrote:

wrote:
The current rage for cold fill only machines is all very well for bio
powders and combi boilers, but some of us want a machine that has a hot
fill. And before it is suggested that a machine never gets to draw hot
water, that is not the case with my current machine which invariably
fills up with hot water.
Hence is it possible to convert a cold fill to a h & c fill machine???
Has anyone done it??

TVMIA

I think it would be a horribly complicated operation, involving not
only replumbing the inside workings of the machine, but also
reprogramming the circuit board!

Are there really no machines left that have hot fill? I've not had
cause to buy one in about 12 years, but I'm sure my current model is
reaching the end of its natural life, and I'd like to have a hot fill
one (even with my combi, I'm not sure why having a combi should make
any difference).

I installed an AEG today and even it did not have hot fill, what chance
lesser machines?

--

Whirlpool seem to be the only manufacturer to still fit hot and cold feeds,
well according to the Sainsbury online electrical store.

I would have thought with the increasing popularity of solar water heating
there would be an increased demand for such machines not less.