Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] pawlowsk002@gannon.edu is offline

Default Sweating toilet...help!

Folks:

I have had some luck with just cutting pieces of 1" thick styrofoam
'bead board' and
wedging them firmly against the inside walls of the toilet. By 'some
luck' I mean it
stopped the sweating, it was tricky to wedge all the foam into place
where it wouldn't
interfere with the mechanism, and it may not work with a G___D___
low-flush john
that fills the tank only 8" deep or so (too much displaced water) and
though it
worked beautifully when the lid was, the pieces tended to rise
majestically skyward
when said lid was removed with a full tank. But it did work. This
toilet also had
a homemade detergent-bottle deflector to prevent water from spraying
against the
lid from the cheap'n'leaky fill valve. We do what we must sometimes.

Cordially yours
G P