Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Question about TV Commercial, saves up to 25% electricity?

Tom The Great wrote:
This is not spam, it is a serious question about a commercial that
claims a product that can save up to 25% electric usage, without
reducing power usage of applicances?

The website: WWW(dot)PowerSaveTV(dot)Com

They claim UL listed, so I guess it means it won't burn down the
house, but has anyone figured what is going on here? Is it real? Is
it a bank of capacitors to change the PowerFactor?

Any insight, or reviews would be appreciated.

thank you,

tom

I did not follow the link, but I have seen a number of like product
claims in the past. They all end up doing the same thing. Yes under very
careful controlled conditions they could do what they claim. That is the UP
TO part of their claim. In real life is it like zero. As I recall it
takes a very inefficient motor and special operating conditions and even
then it is likely to hit any savings over 1% a small fraction of 1% of the
total time.

In short if it sounds too good to be true it is too good to be true.
Your skeptical nature wins again.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit