Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.sport.golf
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Electric Golf Trolley Controller

Meat Plow wrote:
On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 03:33:27 -0800, andrew.carroll Has Frothed:

I hope this is the correct group - please feel free to redirect me if
not...

I have an electric golf trolley which has developed a fault....upon
opening up the controller I noticed that one of the components was
burnt out....

When I tried to remove the component the casing fell apart, which meant
that the part number was unreadable....

I am now trying to figure out what part it actually was....

There is a similar looking component next to it, which from the
markings (B2060) seems to be a Schottky Rectifier (but I am not sure).
This component is made by a different manufacturer from the one that
fell apart, and is connected to the positive feed from the battery.
The one that fell apart is connected to the negative feed from the
battery, and made by IRF.

I think it might be a "55V Single N-Channel HEXFET Power MOSFET in a
TO-220AB package" (From the IRF website this is one of the only units
that has an N in the product code - which is the only letter I can make
out on what is left of the component)

Would one of these be present on such a device ?

Any other advice?

Sorry, but my knowledge of electronics is pretty poor.....

Sounds pretty likely, I'd expect there to be several MOSFETs in the
controller, is it in parallel with any other similar looking components?