Posted to uk.d-i-y
Staffbull Staffbull is offline

Default Anyone used new B&Q 18V Nail gun?

Phil L wrote:
James wrote:
Noticed an 18V cordless nailer in B&Q today at £50 --- not the sort
that fires thin brads but one that takes standard nails 40mm to 150mm
and up to a 10mm head IIRC.

No magazine --- you load nails one at a time into the jaws at the
front of the tool.

It's MacAllister brand so possibly a rebaged GMC product although it's
not on their website.

Didn't have time to study the manual but I guess it taps the nails in
like an impact driver or an SDS nail driver rather than blasting them
in Paslode-style. There was a depth setting gauge on the side.

Anyone got any experience of this tool or any views on how good/crap
it might be (bearing in mind it's a seventh the price of a Paslode
and four times as much as a decent Stanley claw hammer)?

My view is that it's crap...the only reason for using a nailgun is speed,
this will be slower than doing it manually, unless you only have one arm,
then it will be a godsend.

But it's manual feed not magazine, you'd have to get good at spitting
the nails into the gun, or use a foot !!