Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle Christian McArdle is offline

Default fixing raditor to lath & plaster wall ?

Yes but they will be remarkably skimpy maybe 1 1/2" rather than the
full 2". They will be at 2 ft or some other imperial measurement
"centre to centre" though.

My house was built in 1909 and the studwork is of identical dimensions that
you would find today. The biggest problem is that the laths set off a stud
locator, making them useless. Like you, I find the studs by drilling a hole
and poking around (but in my case with stiff wire liberated from some 2.5mm
T&E I find lying about).

Christian.