Posted to uk.d-i-y
Staffbull Staffbull is offline

Default 60kg hanging 26" from the wall - what anchor to use :-)

John wrote:
"Antix" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I'm about to mount a 30Kg Arm on a brick wall with a 34Kg Plasma screen
hanging off the end of it. The arm can extend to 26" so clearly there's
going to be enough torque to open up a new door between my neighbour
and I (it is a cavity wall so no danger of me drilling through next
doors family portrait)

I'm bit unsure about which fixing to use. Shield anchors or Sleeve
anchors look like they'll do the job but one concern I have is putting
too many of those in might cause the brick to disintegrate. It's an
1860 build with stone outer wall...I'm pretty damm sure it'll be brick
behind the plaster on the inner wall as other walls have been - will be
checking that this week..)

Anyone have any thoughts on the best type and size for this sort of job
? Theoretically I can get 7 bolts on the top edge and 7 on the bottom
but after drilling those out, I doubt there'll be much Brick left to
anchor into ! (the mount hols are about 4.25" apart).

http://www.premiermounts.co.uk/PartD...AM3_Rev03_.pdf

OK, it's not my brand new telly (but I want, I want) and so this is just a
bit tongue in cheek and entirely up to you whether you take any notice or
not - probably best not to )

It just strikes me that some of the replies you've received up to now are
maybe a bit OTT. Don't forget that before lovely plasma tellys, the good old
CRT telly was a bit of a heavy beast in its day. Some of the replies have
suggested knocking plaster out, putting steel plates in, and all sorts of
things.

This TV bracket http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...o/882b9fb4.jpg
is rated to carry 60Kg and, if I remember correctly, is fixed by six 3-inch
No.10s (or maybe it's No.12s) ordinary woodscrews and has been up there for
15 years.

John.
PS it's not usually that dusty - honest ) We've got workmen in at the
mo. so I get to clean up later.

I like the calibrated dvd holders myself, carefully disgused as 2 X 1
:-), where would we get without the old 2 X 1 ?