Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP EricP is offline

Default 60kg hanging 26" from the wall - what anchor to use :-)

On 20 Nov 2006 05:28:38 -0800, "Antix" wrote:

Cheers Eric,
yup I think i'll remove all the plaster around the area I'm intending
to mount to try to pinpoint the centre of the bricks for a start (and
avoid any holes ending up in the mortar or 2mm from the edge of a
brick). Then re-render it to provide a more solid plaster layer behind
the plasma mount (the old plaster would probably crack under the
pressue or tightening up the bolts anyway)

I would do something along those lines but looking at a place in the
centre of the bracket that would not show or requiring much making up.
The best scenario is to find a good solid wall with hard bricks behind
a thin layer of plaster. The worst is to find a load of soft rubble
****e.

what would be overdoing it ? :-) the local hardware guy said 2-3 shield
anchors (3-4" long with a 1/2inch diam shield by the looks of what he
picked up) top and bottom would be more than enough...I'm thinking more
along the lines of 40ft wall ties through the wall, through next doors
downstairs rooms and capped off with a decorative bolt on the outside
of their wall :-)

LOL. I would use two at the bottom and three at the top, spaced as
widely apart as possible. The top ones are the important ones as they
will be under tension, and should be firmly gripping the centre of a
brick each.

thanks.
Ant.

When you consider the value of the bracket and telly, a bit of time
and few quid fixing it up will be worth it.

Best of luck.