Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor Drivel is offline

Default Dead simple plumbing/hot water question

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"John" wrote in message
OP he

Thanks for all the posts about how to improve flow-through in my
kitchen HW tap. I didn't realize (and certainly was never told by
MFI!) that my fancy tap should really be pressurised! I will be
looking at the pump suggested by a couple of posters, and also at the
cheaper alternatives suggested.

If it is a spray attachment tap then they usually need 1.5 bar to
operate the spray. This means a pump is around 2 bar minimum, which is
usually an expensive pump.

The same cost as a decent mixer?

A shower pump will not do, as they are
designed for continuous running for 15 to 30 mins 3 to 4 times a day.
A kitchen tap may be turned on for a few seconds then off then on
again. This may lead to early failure on a pump not designed for this
operation.

You

Will you please eff off as you are a complete plantpot.