Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Washing Machine Lint Trap / Drain Protector

Jeff Taylor wrote:
My washing machine drain pipe recently was having trouble keeping up
with the spin cycle discharge, so I had the line snaked. All appears ok
now, but I'd like to prevent this in the future. Has anyone had success
with lint trap or filter for their washer?

The machine is a Kenmore / Whirlpool and the parts guide lists whirlpool
part # 367031 "Drain Protector" or "Drain Protectant"
http://www.whirlpool.com/catalog/acc...r oductId=914

It doesn't list if any additional parts are necessary to connect the
protector to the discharge hose, or where it is installed. It appears
to have a 90 degree angle between input and output, which has me
puzzled.

Or is there another type of lint trap from another supplier that works
better?
I'd appreciate any suggestions and experiences.

I don't understand how that Whirlpool lint trap is supposed to work,
never having seen one, but you can get the wire mesh lint trap bags at
any hardware store, home center or buy them in bulk on eBay. They
come with zip ties to hold them in place. Cheap, easy, disposable.