Posted to sci.electronics.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default Computer running slow and locking up

wrote:

Yes but there was no fan and the hard drive gets really hot. Also
adaware or spyware would not cause a computer to not be able to format
a harddrive.

If you already know the problem, why are you asking?

Bob Shuman wrote:

Adding RAM memory does not usually require any additional fans/cooling. It
is difficult to diagnose this remotely from your description, but if you
have eliminated viruses, then I'd strongly suspect adware/spyware. Try
downloading the latest Adaware or Spybot Search and Destroy and run a full
diagnostic. Also try deleting any unneeded files using the disk utility and
then run scandisk and defrag afterward. Good luck.

Bob