Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill in Detroit Bill in Detroit is offline

Default UPS does it again (or fails to do it)

George Max wrote:
On 19 Nov 2006 11:43:56 -0800, wrote:

I recall it being explained to me that the UPS had a contract
with its employees such that after a certain period of full-time
employees would only become Union members after a
(60 day?) probabtionary perios. Consequently, UPS routinely
discharged new employees after 59 days.

So among other problems, UPS has a lot of empoyees with
very little experience.

That'd be bad for any company.

There are a LOT of little machines shops known collectively as "89 day"
shops.

The insurance kicks in on the 90th day ... but you won't be there to see
it happen.

Bill