Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

Default Washing Machine Lint Trap / Drain Protector

Jeff Taylor writes:

My washing machine drain pipe recently was having trouble keeping up
with the spin cycle discharge, so I had the line snaked. All appears ok
now, but I'd like to prevent this in the future. Has anyone had success
with lint trap or filter for their washer?

I grew up seeing old nylon hosiery tied on the discharge of the
washing machine's hose into the utility tub. It worked fine. Kinda
creeped me out, of course, but it worked fine.

When I had a discharge like this, the $1.00 kit at most grocery stores
or Target, or Walmart that has the mesh sock lookin deal works great
too. Even comes with a wire tie.

I've never had to have anything snaked on a laundry tub line. And
can't remember any such from childhood either.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/