Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default On finials and lids

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 00:10:51 -0800, "William Noble"
wrote:

a lot depends on the wax you use - pure carnuba is very hard and doesn't
feel sticky - at the other end of the spectrum, parafin is soft and sticky

That's probably true- what I've got is Minwax Paste Wax- which I'm
sure is not pure carnuba, or even particularly high-end. But it's all
I could find locally, and I wasn't too worked up about finding it
online when I bought the stuff.

After seeing how long a can lasts, I'll probably make the effort of
finding better wax when this stuff is gone.