Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Stirling Ian Stirling is offline

Default Phones - Caller i/d (a bit OT)

James Hawkins wrote:
On 19 Nov 2006 16:37:36 GMT, (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

In article ,
"Brian Sharrock" writes:

I received a spate of 'silent calls' and some displaying the word
'INTERNATIONAL' too

It's really annoying BT won't give you the international number.

Does anyone know specifically why they don't do this, or don't at
least present the country of origin? I would like to ignore the
International ones as they are 99% marketing but I have relatives
abroad so I can't. BT surely knows the country of origin and probably
even the originating phone number in most instances these days.

AIUI, it's pretty easy to forge the number that's typically sent in the
US, for example.