Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden raden is offline

Default TRV temp control or Boiler temp control?

In message , Edward Holt
writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Edward Holt
writes
"raden" wrote in message
In message , Edward Holt
writes
I've just had a condensing Worcester 24i junior installed.

24 CDi ?

the 24i isn't condensing

If I control the room temperature using the TRVs (as advised) what
should
set the temperature control on the boiler to be?

Academic as far as the room temp is concerned, however, the hotter you
set
the boiler, the faster response you'll get

I've got a digital timer on it, I've got a small radiator near the
boiler
without a TRV but I've not got a room temperature control.

--
geoff

I think it's full name is Worcester Greenstar 24i junior which is
condensing.

Interesting point about the faster response - I take it the down side is
that my radiator without a TRV will be consuming the extra energy when the
TRV enable radiators reach temperature?

Yes, but the boiler should quickly reach it's own cut off temp

--
geoff

aaaahhh... no one ever told me that the boiler would cut off once it reached
it's desired temperature

Well actually I was bull****ting, it keeps on heating until the heat
exchange melts

--