Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Simpson Adrian Simpson is offline

Default Phones - Caller i/d (a bit OT)

In article , James Hawkins
writes
On 19 Nov 2006 16:37:36 GMT, (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

In article ,
"Brian Sharrock" writes:

I received a spate of 'silent calls' and some displaying the word
'INTERNATIONAL' too

It's really annoying BT won't give you the international number.

Does anyone know specifically why they don't do this, or don't at
least present the country of origin? I would like to ignore the
International ones as they are 99% marketing but I have relatives
abroad so I can't. BT surely knows the country of origin and probably
even the originating phone number in most instances these days.

Not all "international" calls are really "international". I recently
had an "international" call from a company doing a survey, they claimed
to be in Lowestoft, I didn't ask them why they appeared to be calling
from overseas. On another occasion when I got one, it was from a mate
of mine in Cheshire. Knowing he gets about a bit, I asked him where he
was calling from, to which he replied "home". Turns out that he had
some cheap calls deal with Wanadoo, so they were probably being routed
via France.

Adrian
--
To Reply :
replace "news" with "adrian" and "nospam" with "ffoil"