Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim\(yet another new home\) tim\(yet another new home\) is offline

Default Phones - Caller i/d (a bit OT)

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message
from James Hawkins contains these words:

Does anyone know specifically why they don't do this, or don't at
least present the country of origin?

I would imagine that the originating country uses a different system to
ours and that the data isn't present or not in a form that BT can be
arsed to decode.

not just BT.

I was working in Asia this year and incoming calls from
home were displayed as something like 000694000
which bore no resemblence to the real number.

If I missed a call, I had no idea who to call back.

tim