Posted to uk.d-i-y
Piers James Piers James is offline

Default Electrical box sinker comments please

well I bought one of these wall chasers the other week and have used it this
weekend and am perfectly satisfied with the results. My own lack experience
meant that my chase was not as straight as it could have been, but otherwise
it did exactly what is says on the tin. For occasional work I would highly
recommend it. It's very well built for £20. The collar that fits over the
drill was a tight fit on my Bosch GSB20-2RE, but I just used a bit of soap
and a gentle tap to ease it on.

The downside is the amount of dust created, but a friend with a vacuum
cleaner to hand would solve that - unfortunately I didn't have that luxury
this time :-(

Regards

snip

Screwfix 11900. The description is

"Wall Chaser
Use with 43mm collar corded power drills. Consists of wall chaser
attachment and a 12mm TCT cutter for cutting channels into plaster and
light construction bricks. 5 year manufacturer's guarantee."

Anna,

I have just had a quick look at the screwfix part you mentioned, and would
not waste my money on it. It will be very messy/dusty. I think in your
position i would work out where I had to chase and then hire one for a
day. We chase a whole house in a day with the kit we have.