Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb Tim Lamb is offline

Default Saw for Composite panels?

In message , Autolycus
writes
I'll shortly need to cut a number of wall panels to length. These are
a sandwich of lightly ribbed steel sheet (0.5 - 0.7mm) and a 70mm foam
core. I'll have around 40metres of saw cut in total.

I have a pile of 80mm seconds to cut up shortly so this thread is
interesting.

I asked the manufacturers (Steadmans) what to use and they suggested an
Evolution reciprocating saw. I have not followed this up as the job is
not yet urgent.

One interesting suggestion they made is to use a power drill with a
conventional twist drill to clear unwanted insulation from the steel! (I
have to form overhangs to drip to the gutter)

regards

--
Tim Lamb