Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Sharrock Brian Sharrock is offline

Default Phones - Caller i/d (a bit OT)

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"Brian Sharrock" writes:
Hmm ? My 'phone doesn't have an alphastring of 'INTERNATIONAL' anywhere
in
it's library of names .... examines handset ( six stored in total with
alphastrings of WORK, MOBILE, DOCTOR etc. ). What is the source for
'INTERNATIONAL' ? {Philips DECT ... model not discernable }

BT sends it in the name field of the callerid for international
calls, and also sets the unavailable flag. Other strings I've
seen turn up in there are PAYPHONE, WITHHELD (matches the
withheld flag), UNAVAILABLE (matches the unavailable flag,
except when international), OPERATOR.

Thanks ! So the string is not originating _in_ my library of stored numbers.
'They' transmit strings as well as numbers for CLID.

--

Brian