Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen Dawson Stephen Dawson is offline

Default Electrical box sinker comments please

"Anna Kettle" wrote in message
On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 19:59:25 GMT, "Stephen Dawson"
wrote:

It would be a pretty big Xmas ask.

The one I was looking at was the cheapie option at 24 pounds so
probably not nearly so good as yours but possibly enough for my needs?
Screwfix 11900. The description is

"Wall Chaser
Use with 43mm collar corded power drills. Consists of wall chaser
attachment and a 12mm TCT cutter for cutting channels into plaster and
light construction bricks. 5 year manufacturer's guarantee."

and you would be better off hiring it from HSS or someone similar.

Yes if I decide tp get a supa one ...

Just found a cheapie on screwfix part number 81200, buy some extra disc
and
you should be fine.Be careful on this one though the cut depth is shallow
and if you are going to use flat plate metal fitting you will need 35mm
deep
boxes.

But still 120 pounds so I think I'll go for one of
-The 24 pound cheapie (if I can find anyone who has used one
successfully)
-Hire
-Elbow grease
Anna
~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repair and conservation
/ ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
|____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642

Anna,

I have just had a quick look at the screwfix part you mentioned, and would
not waste my money on it. It will be very messy/dusty. I think in your
position i would work out where I had to chase and then hire one for a day.
We chase a whole house in a day with the kit we have.

Best of luck

Steve