Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan Alan is offline

Default Phones - Caller i/d (a bit OT)

In message , Adrian C
wrote
Stuart wrote:
Is it reliable?
With BT, when presented by the caller the telephone number is
displayed. If the number is withheld then 'Withheld' is displayed.
Most junk calls that I get now come from aboard and the display just
shows 'International'.

For me that's quite useful. If I get an international call displayed on
the unit, I pick up the handset and *wait* until the other caller
speaks before making any sound.

I let the answerphone respond to these 'international' calls.
Unfortunately these *******s have a habit of using an automated message
to fill up the message space in the answerphone. I've recently had six
calls in the space of half an hour all leaving a two minute repeating
message ' Congratulations you have won ..............just phone this
(premium rate?) number to claim your prize"

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com