Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan Alan is offline

Default Phones - Caller i/d (a bit OT)

In message , John
wrote
My daughter wants a new DCT phone and would like caller identification. Been
reading up and it appears that many types of calls do not display the
caller. Is this a fact?

Do they only display names where the number and name has been programmed in
(like with a mobile?) or do they display all numbers?

Is it reliable?

With BT, when presented by the caller the telephone number is
displayed. If the number is withheld then 'Withheld' is displayed. Most
junk calls that I get now come from aboard and the display just shows
'International'.

My display unit can display names but this is a function of my own
equipment changing programmed numbers to names.

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com