Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Saw for Composite panels?

Autolycus wrote:
I'll shortly need to cut a number of wall panels to length. These
are a sandwich of lightly ribbed steel sheet (0.5 - 0.7mm) and a 70mm
foam core. I'll have around 40metres of saw cut in total.

So I have an excuse for a new toy, but which? I have a small, elderly

Metabo jig saw, that probably wouldn't be up to the job, and I don't
think I've seen long enough blades for it.

Makita make jigsaw blades to cut this sort of stuff, they are 105mm long,
so should manage 70mm.

P-47204, P-47210 and P-49644

Don't know if your Metabo takes the universal fitting though.

Do all these reciprocating saws take each other's blades, or could one
be stuck with the saw equivalent of Betamax?

ASAIK they all take the same blade shank. I've had 2 x cheapies (Challenge
Extreem & JCB) and the blades fitted. Problem I've found with the cheapies
in the blade holder mechanism - bloody blades keep falling out.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman