Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot is offline

Default Phones - Caller i/d (a bit OT)

John wrote:
My daughter wants a new DCT phone and would like caller
identification. Been reading up and it appears that many types of
calls do not display the caller. Is this a fact?

Do they only display names where the number and name has been
programmed in (like with a mobile?) or do they display all numbers?

Is it reliable?

My cordless phones display all UK landline and mobile numbers unless they're
withheld. If a caller from foreignland is trying to scam me/get me to buy a
mobile phone it says "out of area".

Si