Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] kim_s_teo@hotmail.com is offline

Default Light fixture installation, which wire to connect

RBM remove this wrote:
Most likely white and one of the colors, except green. You need to connect a
test light to the white wire and each color,one at a time, to see which
other wire gives you voltage when the switch is turned on, and disconnects
voltage when the switch is turned off

Then it must be the red. The red is the only one with one wire,
suggesting that it is intended for this light fixture. I had connected
it to the red and white on another fixture. Thought I would ask just
to make sure. And what are the other colors anyway - the blues and
greens?