Sue

Default OT- I thought Bush on imigration was evil?

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:38:36 -0600, Tom Stovall
wrote:

Cliff Huprich wrote:

Illegal aliens already enjoy many of the benefits of our society,
including free emergency medical care and free education as well as many of the rights of the citizenry.

Do they pay the same taxes?

Nossir. Illegal aliens have to pay sales tax on goods and services they
buy in this country, but they don't pay ANY income tax when they're paid
in cash by their employer - and many are.

Do their employers?

When an employer pays an illegal alien in cash, there's no withholding
of any kind - it's off the books.

If an employer pays by check, and they meet the criteria, illegal aliens
are kept on the books as "independent contractors."

I can't speak for any area other than my own - San Joaquin Valley, CA
- but most of the illegals around here work for labor contractors who
*do* take out taxes based on fake SSN's. In my job I see the check
stubs. Since these taxes are paid with fake SSN's the illegals do not
get refunds as they don't file for them. Now, I can't say as to
whether the labor contractors always send the money to the IRS. My
daughter works in a large restaurant with about 50 illegals. Every
one of them has a fake SSN, taxes are taken out and no refund is
filed for. A couple of years ago there was an article in the SF
Chronicle about all the money the IRS has collected that is associated
with fake #'s. I can't remember the amount but it was millions.
Sue

Outsourcing is an extremely common practice: Instead of hiring American
workers, a company will hire a another company employing illegal aliens
to perform certain tasks. When they're caught doing this - as was
Wal-Mart - an outfit can sanctimoniously disclaim any knowledge of the
hiring of illegal aliens.

An employer must do some creative accounting if he keeps an illegal
alien on the books as a regular employee because illegal aliens are
ineligible for social security.

An illegal alien can't get a bank account because he has no social
security card;

As I said above most have fake cards. Some even use legitimate
numbers. When my daughter was 8 years old I got a SS report on her #.
She was working for a van and storage company in Porterville, CA. In
my job we get a new hire list for the state. Often my clients show up
on the list "working" at jobs under hispanic names in towns and cities
far removed from this area.
Sue