Posted to alt.home.repair

Default trying to get warm

"bizee" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a new house, this is my first winter.

The kitchen and family room are a great room concept with vaulted
ceilings.
There is a ceiling fan, on the edge of the family room part.
There is a gas fireplace with fan
There are two air ducts close to the outer wall.

I could live with the fireplace going with the fan, BUT, the deflector
for it is at the top of the fireplace unit, and it deflects the air
down. I'm thinking if it came straight out, I'd get better heat
towards me in the chair.? Is there such an item I can get?

Going to get some deflectors tomorrow for the two ceiling vents. The
vents push it lengthwise along the outer wall, not towards where I'm
sitting or toward the kitchen.

The house can get quite toasty in the bedrooms. Already closed the
vents the bathrooms and unused dining room. Its gas forced air. I
came from a smaller house with no vault, using heatpump.

Can you aim any of these things toward the floor? That seems to work best in
my house. Heat rises, so it'll reach your body. And, your feet are one of
your most sensitive receptors for temperature. Get the floor warm, and your
mind takes care of the rest.