Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill in Detroit Bill in Detroit is offline

Default Your opinion, please.

Bill in Detroit wrote:

Is this worth anything in particular or is it simply dumpster food?

Bill

Okay ... thanks guys. I'm not "a tool guy" so I don't keep up with that
stuff. I'm cleaning out my toolboxes*, etc. and don't want to keep
anything I am reasonably certain I won't be using ... and this
screwdriver is definitely pushing the envelope on that score.

Bill

* I'm stinking sick and tired of spending more time looking for a tool
than using it. I've been trying to find (2) 7/8" combination wrenches
off and on for almost two weeks. It's stupid just to keep buying stuff
that I KNOW I OWN.

On analyzing the problem, I find that most of my clutter is caused by
"maybe someday" tools. Rusty gear pullers. The odd ignition wrench from
a kit my Dad threw away years ago. A pruning saw that only needs to have
the rust knocked off it and the handle re-finished to be good as new.
Hmmm ... "maybe someday" I'll get lost in the woods and that saw will
just so happen to be in my back pocket and will save my life by helping
me build a shelter and gather fuel for a fire ... maybe even help me
dress out a rabbit I might catch in a snare.

Bzzzzt! Reality check. Ain't no way, Jack. I love my Dad but I can't
keep every tool he ever discarded. And I studiously avoid doing serious
automotive work these days. I simply have NO interest in it. So I don't
need three sets of gear pullers and a tie-rod fork tool.

Clutter has been killing me for a very long time. Now I'm returning the
favor.