Posted to alt.home.repair
Jud McCranie Jud McCranie is offline

Default telephone wiring problem

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 09:21:58 -0600, Jim Redelfs
wrote:

If connecting a block at a tap point (a loop in a loop-wired installation) be
sure to also splice the pairs "through". IOW, make a three-way connection to
the pair at the location to feed that jack, making sure to splice-through
extra/unused matching pairs.

OK, but I don't understand what you mean by a three-way connection.
The jack I got working was inside the loop. The blue/white pair of
conductors to the red/green of the jack got it working. For the time
being, I didn't try to get the next jack downline working, since we
don't use it. So how should the 3-way connection be?
--
Replace you know what by j to email