Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default answering my own question

Sat, Nov 18, 2006, 2:23am (EST+5) (Toller) doth reveal:
inspired by your replies, I tried it. Well, not quite; snip

Experimenting is always good. Most times. However, I think you
should confine your future experimenting to keeping your body parts out
of the whirly parts, rather than sticking things into the blade that you
think might snag. You are your own worst enemy.

The only way I would ever wear gloves in my shop is if it would be
very, very, cold in the shop, I would be handling metal objects, and I
would not be cutting or routing anything. And I don't wear glovs at any
time in any cold weather, even outside, unless I am handling metal, or
making snowballs. I learned that as a kid - if y ou always wear gloves
when it is only cool out, your hands will get used to gloves, then when
it really gets cold and you need gloves, they won't keep your hands
warm.

JOAT
Democratic justice. One man, one rock.