Posted to rec.woodworking
Owen Lawrence Owen Lawrence is offline

Default Questions about cedar properties

Yes, Eastern White Cedar is amazing stuff. I have used epoxy on outdoor
cedar projects with excellent results. I leave the wood unfinished and
give it a clorox, water, detergent scrub in the Spring. It looks like
new! You may want to be careful around that dust though.....I have
developed an asthmatic reaction to EWS dust.
Dave

I have some 5 minute epoxy. Would that work, or would you recommend the 24
hour kind? I'm trying to picture myself doing the glue-up with the 5 minute
stuff and I can't see it going well. I have six edges about 3' long to
glue. Times 2.

I'll be asking a friend to run my glued panels through his thickness plane.
Epoxy wouldn't be hard on the blades, would it?

I just found this:
http://www.titebond.com/IntroPageTB....tIntroTB. asp.
Looks like Titebond II would be a good choice. Of course I don't actually
have any, but that can be changed.

- Owen -